- What is a cookie ?
A cookie is a small file placed onto your device that enables features and functionality. Cookies enable us to secure your access to our sites for example, but they can be used to do lots of other different things like remember your preferences and give you a personalized experience that is in line with your settings.
- What types of cookies do we use ?
We use two types: persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie helps us recognize you as an existing user for example, so it's easier to return without signing in again. After you sign in, a persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read when you return to the site. Session cookies only last for the duration of the session (usually the current visit to a web site or a browser session), they reside in memory and are not saved on your device.
- Authentication: cookies tell us when you are logged in, so we can show you the right information and enable secured features.
- Preferences: we store information in a cookie to remember your preferred language.
- Shopping cart: we store information in a cookie to help preserving the contents of your shopping cart between sessions.
- Browsing experience: we store information in a cookie to help redirecting you back to where you were when your visit needs to be interrupted for a secure process. A typical case is when we need to redirect you to the portal to let you create a user account when you were trying to complete a purchase as a new customer on one of the other web sites in the network.
Mobile devices act just like computers, there is no difference.
Yes. Your language preferences and the shopping cart are independent from authentication, and the necessity to redirect you from one web site to the other may arise independently too.
- Are cookies used for advertising purposes ?
No. There are no advertisements on our web sites and no interactions with other platforms or companies.
- Controlling cookies
Most browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences. However, if you limit the ability of our web sites to set cookies, you may worsen you overall user experience and it will no longer be personalized to you. It will prevent you from accessing information and features that require authentication and it will prevent you from making a purchase.
- What information do we collect ?
- User account: the information you supply for your user account is of course in our IT system. The amount of information is minimal: the only mandatory information is your e-mail address and a user name. You can specify your first and last name if you wish to do so but this is not mandatory. The password you use to protect your user account is encrypted, we cannot see it or change it.
- Contact form: the information you supply is sent by e-mail to the vendor but it is not saved in our IT system.
- Purchases: an invoice is stored in our IT system every time you make a purchase and it is linked to your user account. The personal information that is saved with your invoice is the e-mail address that you used when making your purchase, your billing details (full name and address), and the shipping address if one was required for a delivery.
- Log files, IP addresses and information about your computer and mobile device: We collect information from the devices and networks that you use to access our services. When you access our services by clicking a hyperlink, we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came or the one to which you are directed. We also receive the internet protocol ("IP") address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the web, your computer operating system details, your type of web browser and its capabilities, your mobile device (including your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system), your mobile operating system (if you are accessing our services using a mobile device), and the name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier. We keep all this information to be able to troubleshoot problems when necessary and to improve our service, but also for fraud prevention and security purposes. The IP address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the web is also used to determine your country. This geolocation information is used, when applicable, to display correct prices in the correct currency (it does not mean that our web sites always sell in the currency of your country, it depends on the world region you live in).
- Modification of sensitive personal information
The modification of sensitive personal information can only be performed by you and can only occur via a secure change process. We cannot change any sensitive personal information for you, all we can eventually do is initiate a secure change process for you but this isn't anything that you couldn't do yourself and the actual modification must still be done by you.
Sensitive personal information includes: your e-mail address, your user name and your password.
Secure change processes rely entirely on your ability to receive e-mails with the e-mail address that you communicate when you create an account, which is why it is verified during the signup process. Instructions are solely and exclusively sent to this e-mail address (until you change it) and the process is completely automated. If you loose access to your mailbox, you will no longer be able to change any sensitive information.
- How do we use your personal information ?
- User account information: your e-mail address is the only information we use. Like all other information, it is not shared with anyone and it is used exclusively to get in touch with you when necessary. We use your e-mail address to send invoices and payment receipt confirmations, we also use it to send you links to download digital goods that you purchased and finally we use it to fullfill your orders when applicable (ie: to deliver the services that you ordered or answer your questions). Your e-mail address may occasionally be used to send you some news or information about promotions but this can be turned off in your account page.
- Name: it is not necessary to give your name for your user account but if you specify it we will use it in our communications (if any) (e-mails or other) to address you, else we will call you by your user name. However, when you make a purchase or send us an e-mail via the contact form you will be required to specify a first name and a last name. This is because we will effectively be interacting with you and we would like to call you in a proper manner, by your name, and also because it is necessary to know who you are to be able to perform a psychic reading.
- Invoicing: while knowing your name is necessary only to be able to address you in a proper manner and to be able to perform psychic readings, your billing address is needed to be able to calculate applicable taxes correctly and comply with legal regulations; we also link your invoices to your user account to make it possible to put the digital goods that you purchased at your disposal when you are authenticated / logged in, and to give you a possibility to consult your purchases history.
If you provide any testimonial(s) about our goods or services, we may publish them with your permission. Testimonials may include your name but it is not required, most of them are actually anonymous.
- Your choices & obligations
- Rights to access, change or delete your information, and closing your account: you can change your account information at any time by editing your profile, deleting content that you have posted or by closing your account, the only limitation being that sensitive personal information must be changed via a secure change process that only you can perform, and this at the condition that you still have access to your mailbox as explained in section 3. You can also ask us for additional information we may have about your account. You can request your personal information that is not viewable on your profile or readily accessible to you (for example, your IP access logs). If you wish to close your account(s), your information will generally be removed from the system within 24 hours. You cannot do it yourself, you will have to contact usto close your account. We generally delete closed account information and will de-personalize any logs or other backup information through the deletion process within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below.
- Important information
- Security: we have implemented security safeguards designed to protect the personal information that you provide in accordance with industry standards. We offer secure https access to our web sites, access to your data on our services is password-protected and data is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the services. When proceeding with the payment of invoices, data such as credit card information is never known on our platform, transactions are completely and securely handled by PayPal. To protect the data we store on our servers, we also regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we use a secured data center. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that e-mails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication are not encrypted; we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means. Please help keep your account safe by using a strong password.